Operational Resilience refers to the ability of firms, FMIs (Financial Market Infrastructures) and the sector as a whole to prevent, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions. It is the ability to adapt rapidly to the changing environmental and business conditions.
Building on mature Business Continuity and Crisis Management programmes, DB's Operational Resilience framework will enable the bank to identify its most critical functions and develop associated risk appetite. Focusing investment and resources where they are needed most, the Operational Resilience team will help the bank to build resistance to failure, establish resilient operations and develop necessary playbooks for coordinated response and recovery. A programme of education and awareness training, coupled with regular scenario-based exercising and detailed risk reporting, will help the bank to identify exposures and areas for remediation.
As a 2nd Line of Defence (2LoD) Risk Type Controller for Operational Disruption and Response Risk (ODRR), the Operational Resilience team is also required to help the business to identify, assess, manage and report on business process disruption risk where appropriate. Through regular engagement with all divisions, the team will also perform oversight and challenge, as well as veto where required.
Following the publication of the Operational Resilience Regulation in UK in March 2021, this role will be instrumental in pioneering the Operational Resilience program in APAC, partnering with the 1LoD in this important initiative.
Working as part of a global team and reporting to the Operational Resilience Manager for India and Sri Lanka, the candidate will be required to actively manage a book of work to support the objectives of the Operational Resilience Framework.Role Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support the Operational Resilience Managers in APAC to deliver 2LoD Business Continuity Management and Crisis Management programmes, with a focus on India and Sri Lanka
- Lead/participate in global Business Continuity Management and Crisis Management initiatives/projects
- Support development and implementation of Operational Resilience programmes
- Provide 2LoD subject matter expertise for implementation of the framework within the assigned divisions and region i.e. risk appetite, resilience solutions, scenario-based exercising, risk identification and reporting
- Risk Management of 2LoD and challenge Risk Owners when necessary
- Utilise NFRM (Non-Financial Risk Management) tools to perform event-based risk assessments i.e. read across, lessons learned, deep dives and thematic reviews
- Contribute to development and ongoing production of management information reporting
- Manage and respond to annual and adhoc regulatory items and internal/external audit and inspections
- Work with the BCM and CM Service Desk teams on process, reporting and tool management activities
- Partner with the business divisions and other Non-Financial Risk stakeholders as necessary to identify, monitor and report on remediation activities
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and standards, risk management practices, legal and local regulatory requirements
- Manage incidents and crises as required within DB's Crisis Management model. Support response requirements for Crisis Management related activities including attending crisis calls, managing minutes, information monitoring, assessment and escalations
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of risk management experience, within a demanding environment
- Experience of business continuity and crisis management lifecycle would be beneficial
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification / work experience in Risk, Finance, Business, Accounting or Economics is beneficial
- A self-motivated team player, who is organised, innovative and results orientated. Calm and productive under pressure
- Demonstrable success operating in a matrix environment that encompasses functional and geographical diversity
- Proven track record in operating a measurements-based culture leading to continual improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent communication and influencing skills able to independently conduct meetings and present to senior stakeholder audiences
- Available and willing to operate 24/7 when required, with some business travel (minimum)
- Time management - the successful candidate will often need to deal with multiple priorities and should therefore be highly organised and be able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.