Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients.
Nearly 4,000 employees work together in our division to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda. The Global Credit
Rating Team (GCRT) is entrusted with the work of assigning and surveillance of Probability of Default Rating to Corporate and Institutional counterparties of the Bank. As part of Risk's transformation journey, GCRT is bringing Credit documentation to its purview and requires strong analysts to handle the same.What we'll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Required education, experience & skills:
- Undertake accurate and timely credit analysis of counterparties (including Corporates and FIs) by identifying business and financial risk based on understanding of business model, financial statement analysis, preparing cash flow model/ forecast and peer analysis.
- Write Rating reports and credit reviews/analysis for recommendation to senior members for approval.
- Active participation in Live trades with onshore credit officers (KCP) by understanding the trade dynamics, providing your recommendation and completing the credit write-ups (Addendum) for the same.
- On-going monitoring & surveillance of assigned international portfolios, including rating changes, market/industry developments, news events, etc and assessing the impact on credit worthiness of the counterparty, keeping DB's exposure in mind.
- Understand the various banking products (including Trade Finance and Derivatives) and credit documentation for the same. Support the KCP with appropriate checks and its inclusion in the credit reviews.
- Monitoring of limits/exposure: Updating Limit amendments and credit relevant data updates in the credit system. Exposure monitoring and timely clearance of Excess tickets. Timely monitoring of covenants and regular discussion with KCPs.
- Manage own credit portfolio and assist senior decision makers to make informed decisions based on your recommendations
- Interface directly across with the Credit officers (KCP) and other stakeholders (business side, Exposure managements, and various ops teams) to ensure complete understanding of DB's exposure and timely completion of the credit reviews.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to portfolio exercises (industry/regional exercise), regulatory developments, sector notes, audit exercises and support onshore KCPs for various business strategies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant and applicable local and global regulatory and policy requirements
- Relevant professional qualifications are MSc / MA / MBA / CA / CFA, etc.
- Relevant work experience in credit underwriting
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of financial markets and economic/industry trends
- Strong accounting background, knowledge of financial ratios, financial statement analysis, cash flow projections or project finance experience
How we'll support you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be a self-starter and pro-active in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table
- Must demonstrate ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively, and be able to multitask, absorb ideas and facts quickly, while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Ability to apply entrepreneurial skills to develop processes and activities
- Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.